It’s officially November, can you believe it?! And the holidays are just around the corner. The best thing about this time of year is the poetic, sweetness of yet another year coming to an end. It reminds us to be kind, spread joy and value the time we have to spend with each other. The essence of the holiday spirit. The best (and easiest) way to jump start the holidays (spirit) is to practice random acts of kindness. Simple, small, random acts of kindness can sometimes make the biggest difference. Here are a couple ways to start, try one… I promise it’s contagious and will start a positive, joyful domino affect.
- Bring in your neighbors trash can.
- Buy coffee for the person in front of or behind you in line at Starbucks (or any coffee house but who can resist those Starbucks holiday cups).
- Send a hand written “Thinking of You” note to someone.
- Leave a glowing review for a local business on Google, Yelp or Facebook.
- Leave snacks and or cold drinks by your door for your delivery person (FedEx, UPS, Post mates?) with a note reading “Please help yourself”.
- Help a senior or parent with children get their groceries into their car.
- Insert coins in someone’s parking meter.
- Leave a big tip for your server or bartender.
- Bake some sweets (or buy them) and drop them off with a sweet thank you note to your local police station or fire fighters.
- Shovel a neighbor’s front door.
- Visit a local nursing home, bonus if you play an instrument and can play for the residents. No instrument? Bring a book and read to them or a game, maybe Battleship or Connect Four? You can call ahead to check on their visiting hours.
- Head to the library and pay a random stranger’s past due fees.
Thank you for stopping by!